Fact: Easter will be one of the highest attended days of the year for our church. (Let’s pray that it may be the highest).
Fact: There will be some people you don’t know.
Fact: We have an opportunity to make an impression on people that can impact their eternity.
So how can we be prepared for the opportunity that God is giving us?
Here are actions that you can do before Easter:
- Begin praying right now for those that God will lead to our church during our Week of Easter Celebrations.
- Pray for our Children’s Ministry Leaders as they prepare for the children’s Easter Eggstravaganza 2018 on Wednesday, March 28th, from 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- Pray for our Good Friday Service on Friday, March 30th at 7:00 p.m.
- Think of at least one person that you can invite to our Easter Services and invite them. (Fact: most people who do not attend church don’t attend because they haven’t been asked)
- Pray for me and the Sunrise Service on April 1, 2018, at 7:00 a.m.
- Pray for our Easter Breakfast on April 1, 2018, at 8:00 a.m. following the Sunrise Service.
- Pray for Bill Horton as he leads the Easter Cantata during the morning worship time on April 1, 2018.
- Pray for the Choir as they deliver the message of salvation through song during the morning worship time.
Here are actions that you can do on Easter:
- Pray as you enter the church property. Pray for the guests. Pray for the services.
- Greet people. They may be guests. They may be members. It’s okay to introduce yourself to either.
- Look for people to help. You know our church well. Others will not. Help someone who looks like he or she needs help.
- Sit as close as possible to the front of the sanctuary. Save the back rows for guests and late entrants, so they don’t have to walk past so many people.
- Sit in the middle. Don’t claim that aisle seat where people have to walk over you or past you.
- Sit closely. Remember, we have been praying that God will fill our sanctuary.
- Volunteer to serve. As the number of attendees increase so does the need for volunteers. The children’s ministry and church greeter ministry are a few of the areas that may need more volunteers to help serve and minister to members and guests. Please see Amy Leonard with Children’s Ministry, Jerilynn Davis with Nursery, and Jimmy Pearson with Greeters Ministry.
- Pray as you leave. The Holy Spirit is likely working in many persons who attended. Pray for His continual work of conviction and comfort.
These are simple acts.
They are acts of service.
They are acts of love.
He is risen indeed.